Monday, July 6, 2009

My latest haul - A Cocktail Shaker set


I dont know if it's the summer or is it just me. This time the summer has been so cold, windy, rainy and cloudy that it hardly feels like the one we were all craving for after the extremely chilly winter. And it's already July, so just another 2 months, and we are back to wearing 10 sweaters, jackets, gloves, caps... :-(.
So I was wondering if it is the weather that is bringing out this unknown side to me. I am not much of a drinker, or shall I say, I have not been much of a drinker all my life - only, as they say 'drinking socially' ;) - which means an occasional tequilla or 2, sometimes a gin and tonic, but mostly wine.
But on those rare sunny days, I feel like I should celebrate it - I want to go biking, hiking, picknicking, and oh, just chilling - basking in the summer sun for long hours! Sweet! But the days when the sun is our friend are so few and far between. So on such rare days of this season I have found myself reaching more than once to my trusted cocktail shakers to make myself and hubby a margharita or two, maybe a mojito, or a martini.



So, as is the case with shopaholics like me, I felt just a cocktail shaker aint enough! Yeah, you get the drift...you know where I'm getting. So this weekend I bought myself an entire set. The tools that every self respecting bartender should have :). No I am not aspiring to be one, but home bartending would work just fine for me. So here is what I got - a cocktail shaker, jigger and a hawthorn strainer. Happy drrrinking. Hic!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment